I couldn't pass this Maxwell lesson up! Relationships will deepen in a Christ-like manner as we live out these values!
Among leaders who lack insight, abuse abounds, but for one who hates corruption, the future is bright. Proverbs 28:16 (The Message)
People today are desperate for leaders, but they want to be influenced by someone they can trust, a person of good character. If you want to become someone who can positively influence other people:
1. Model consistency of character. Solid trust can only develop when people can trust you all the time
2. Employ honest communication. To be trustworthy, you have to be like a good musical composition: your words and music must match.
3. Value transparency. If you're honest with people and admit your weaknesses, they appreciate your honesty. And they are able to relate to you better.
4. Exemplify humility. People won't trust you if they see that you are driven by ego, jealousy, or the belief that you are better than they are.
5. Demonstrate your support of others. Nothing develops or displays your character better than your desire to put others first.
6. Fulfill your promises. One of the fastest ways to break trust with others is in failing to fulfill your commitments.
Becoming a Person of Influence