Talent is Not Enough
When a leader listens to malicious gossip, all the workers get infected with evil.
Proverbs 29:12 (The Message)
Author Denis Waitley says, "The winner's edge is not in a gifted birth, in a high IQ, or in talent. The winner's edge is in the attitude, not aptitude." Unfortunately, many people resist that notion. They want to believe that talent alone (or talent with experience) is enough. But plenty of talented teams never amount to anything because of the attitudes of their players.
Take a look at how various attitudes impact a team made up of highly talented players:
- Abilities + Attitudes = Result
- Great Talent + Rotten Attitudes = Bad Team
- Great Talent + Bad Attitudes = Average Team
- Great Talent + Average Attitudes = Good Team
- Great Talent + Good Attitudes = Great Team
If you want great results, you need good people with great talent and awesome attitudes.
The 17 Indisputable Laws of Teamwork