Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fighting to Win!


It's called a standing 8 count - when a boxer gets knocked down but not out. But the referee has the authority to stop the match if he feels that the boxer is not fit to continue.

I've had many standing 8's in life, where I've been knocked down but not out! The difference...My God is my Coach and Cornerman, who has trained me to get up, fight and win!

Leadership is not defined by my failures and knockdowns, but by my ability to trust my Coach and stay in the fight!

This passage is worth reading and meditating on:

2Cor. 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. 8 We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed— 10 always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body. 11 For we who live are always delivered to death for Jesus’ sake, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh. 12 So then death is working in us, but life in you.