Tuesday, March 30, 2010

When you feel like you are "second rate."


As I listened to a young leader share his disheartened, defeated feelings, I felt like I was being beaten within. He and others who supposedly were experiencing the same feelings, felt like 2nd rate, under appreciated people. They felt like they were being treated as lower class servants or leaders!


On one hand, I said, NO, NO...THAT’S NOT TRUE - SO GET OVER THOSE DEMONIC THOUGHTS!“ On the other hand, I said, ”I’M SO SORRY IF I HAVE ANY PART OF YOU FEELING THIS WAY! PLEAE FOGIVE ME!“


Well, there’s more to this story, but the outcome for me was a lesson (actually several lessons!).

  1. Listen closely to the pain people are experiencing.
  2. Guide them gently to the Word of God.
  3. Correct any wrong thinking or behavior.
  4. Call them to God centeredness, out of self centeredness.
  5. Be a leader who communicates through my life, actions and words, that NO ONE IS 2nd RATE!


We Believe that every person, Christian and non-Christian alike, is valuable to God and to His Kingdom. Because people are eternally valuable to God, they are to us as well. Responsible evangelism will always be our cause and ongoing discipleship will always be the core of the ministry.